Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
With so many unhealthy options available at arm’s reach, it’s important to keep more reasonable snacks on hand.
And when it comes to healthy snacks, nothing beats fresh veggies and hummus!
The ultimate lovechild of hummus and guacamole, you’ll never go back!
• 1 cup of cooked and cooled organic chick peas
• 1 organic lemon, juiced
• 1/2 tablespoon of fresh cilantro
• 2 teaspoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
• ½ of an organic avocado
• A pinch of Himalayan salt
• Place everything but the cilantro into the blender and pulse until smooth. You can add warm water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time to make it smoother.
• Garnish with cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil and eat immediately.
• The hummus will last a day or two in the refrigerator, but it really looks and tastes better if eaten fresh. Why Add Avocado
Avocado is a great sources of healthy fats which helps your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, D, E and K. They also help lower cholesterol, prevent Alzheimer’s, relieve joint pain and treat depression (1)
The mighty fruit contains almost 20 different vitamins and minerals in every serving. These include b-complex vitmains, pottasium, lutein and folate (2).
Avocados are also said to balance hormones, support vision health, help cellular repair, boost metabolism, and fight heart disease. Plus, they make your hummus smoother and tastier, so there really isn’t any reason not to add avocado!